Tel: (415) 904-8040
About Us Contact Us
Temporary Visas
Permanent Visas
Useful Links

EB-3 Skilled or Professional Workers

The EB-3 category includes:

  • Individuals with at least two years experience as skilled workers.
  • Professionals with a bachelor’s degree.
  • Unskilled laborers who possess less than two years of experience with work for which U.S. workers are not available .

Documents required for an EB-3 visa

To apply under this category, you require the following documentation:

  • A job offer from your U. S. employer which states that he is hiring you for an occupation for which you have received training/education, or a closely related occupation.
  • Labor Certification ETA 9089 from the U.S. Department of Labor.

Note: All EB-3 applications must include a Labor Certification and a job offer. There are no exceptions. The type of job and your background determines you being classified as “skilled” “unskilled,” or “professional”.

In addition to the above, to qualify under:

  • The Skilled worker option for the E-3 category, you must show evidence of capability in an occupation that requires at least two years of training or experience in your skill set.
  • The Professionals option for the E-3 category, you must show as evidence a U.S. bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) as a minimum requirement in order to join the profession. Experience and education cannot be substituted for the degree.
  • The Other workers option for the E-3 category, you must show that you have less than two years of higher education, training, or experience.

Note : Due to a large backlog under this category, you may have to wait many years before being granted a visa.

Procedure to apply for an EB-3 visa

In order to apply through the EB-3 category:

  • Your employer must obtain an approved Labor Certification ETA 9089, from the U.S. Department of Labor, which must mention that the position offered needs the education, training or experience that you have acquired in your field.
  • After the Labor Certification has been approved, your employer must submit Form I-140 (Petition for Alien Workers) on your behalf at a USCIS Regional Service Center that has jurisdiction over the location of your employment in the United States.